Pages

Friday

Sprucing Up the Porch for Summer!

Centinela Adobe, Front PorchImage via Wikipedia

If you are lucky enough to have a porch... I wish, but maybe the next house. Anyway, I was just reading that the best way to make it feel really summery is to paint the floor white. Actually anything painted white suddenly looks fresh and clean. Now slip your cushions into nice blue and white striped covers and you are almost there. Head out into the yard and pick some fresh flowers from the garden and feature them on a table or window sill. Did I ever mention the fact that I'm constantly getting into trouble for putting things on window sills in our house. I can't seem to talk darling daughter into the fact that THAT'S what window sills are for. I can still remember my grandmother's window sills full of home grown flowers. Now sills look naked if they aren't "decorated".



**More Thoughts for an Early Morning




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: