Pages

Thursday

Thought and Quotes about Dad

When Charles first saw our child Mary, he said all the proper things for a new father. He looked upon the poor little red thing and blurted, "She's more beautiful than the Brooklyn Bridge."
*Helen Hayes


I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.
*Sigmond Freud

Happy Fappy Day... is what I wrote on my dad's Father's Day gift. I had painstakenly sewed together two paper plates so that he could store his shaving equipment inside. I worked so hard and then at the very end, after all was completed, I wrote Happy Father's Day. Unfortunately I printed the "F" for Father's and started writing Happy again. It turned out to be "Happy Fappy Day. Funny how the mistakes always remain in your memory!!


"My Father My Hero" Touching 8x10 Poem, Double-matted In Navy/White And Enhanced With Watercolor Graphics."None of you can ever be proud enough of being the child of such a Father who has not his equal in this world - so great, so good, so faultless. Try, all of you, to follow in his footsteps and don't be discouraged, for to be really in everything like him none of you, I am sure, will ever be. Try, therefore, to be like him in some points, and you will have acquired a great deal.
Queen Victoria of England


Do you have any special memories of your dad? Wouldn't it be amazing if we could find diaries belonging to all the important dads in our lives. Imagine reading about your great, great, great grandfather. I wonder how many attributes were passed on to your dad??

No comments: