Pages

Wednesday

Looking For Love

Good morning to you all.

I'm kind of in an odd mood this morning. I spent a lot of time this morning listening to a Playaway by Robin Carr that I had picked up from the library. It was about a man who had to give up one life in the army which he loved (I have to point out) because of a tragic accident and find another reason to go on.  The point that I'm trying to make is that he LOVED his previous job and suddenly that was out of the question.

I began to think about that this morning. I don't think that I have ever loved any job  that much. If someone asked me if I loved my job, I can't think of one of them that I would have to say yes to.  I wondering if Dad planted that thought in my head. I remember him saying to me once that you don't have to love your job... it's a job! That's kind of sad when you think about it. It's sad for him too. I know that he never loved any of his jobs, which were few.  All I can remember is General Motors for years and years and then he bought a small motel. He was there until he retired. That was it, for as long as I can remember.

But back to me... I wonder what it would be like to love your job. What it would be like to get up every morning and be excited to start your day? Is it possible that I simply haven't found my dream job yet?? I have lots of things that interest me, but I'm not sure that you could make a living from any of them. So, it seems maybe it all comes down to money. That was always in Dad's thoughts too.  He always had his opinions on wants vs needs.

Kind of sad to go through an entire life that way!

*I hope that I have given you something to think about today! Thanks so much for stopping by :)