I guess it's about that time... the morning when you start thinking about whether or not you want to host Christmas Dinner. If you haven't quite decided, I have prepared a list... this ought to make up your mind. ;)
1. Let someone else host it. All you have to do is show up with a bottle of wine! Okay, chances are you won't get off quite that easily. Christmas dinner usually means the best china and silver, so there will be some hand washing and drying of dishes. But it is still a fun girl time around the sink!
2. If you have to cook it... you get to choose the menu. So there is a perk to hosting Christmas Dinner. And there's always the old potluck idea if you need a little help!
3. Try to sneak in as many veggies as possible. We always try to have lots of fresh, chopped up veggies to offer for snacking about an hour before dinner is served.
4. Dinner conversation... reminisce about past Christmases. People love to chat about Christmases that they remember from when they were kids. Just start the ball rolling and you won't have to say another word.
5. If lots of people are coming... you don't have to do all the work! Let people bring some goodies. I mentioned this earlier, but it is worth repeating. Everyone has a specific dish that the are proud of. Ask if they could bring it with them. They will love the fact that you asked. It will make them feel so special!
6. Have quiet Christmas music playing in the back ground. The sing song can come later if your crowd loves that sort of thing.
7. Have a Christmas movie playing in another room. Give people a choice as to what they can do.
8. If you have an extra table, put out a Christmas puzzle. People will get hooked quickly! This is especially effective if teenagers are invited. They don't really want to leave the room, but they aren't all that excited about joining the conversation either!
9... I'm sure that there are oodles and oodles of ways to create the perfect Christmas Dinner, but I want to hear from you. What are your special little tricks. A girl can use as many as she can get her hands on!