Pages

Sunday

Outlander by Diana Galbadon Quotes




8 1/2" Genuine Leather Weighted Bookmark - Brown

"His hand rested on my hair, and without knowing quite how it happened, I found myself curled against him, my head just fitting in the hollow of his shoulder. Diana Galbadon
I am just finishing my 3rd book in the Outlander series and thought that I would pick some of my favorite quotes from the series to entice you. If you are into time travel books... you will love these books and you will soon find yourself thinking... "wouldn't it be amazing if you could go back in time"?

For so many years," he said, "for so long, I have been so many things, so many different men." I felt him swallow, and he shifted slightly, the linen of his nightshirt rustling with starch. Diana Galbadon

I was Uncle to Jenny's children, and Brother to her and Ian. 'Milord' to Fergus, and 'Sir' to my tenants. 'Mac Dubh' to the men of Ardsmuir and 'MacKenzie' to the other servants at Helwater. 'Malcolm the printer,' then, and 'Jamie Roy' at the docks." The hand stroked my hair, slowly, with a whispering sound like the wind outside. "But here," he said, so softly I could barely hear him, "here in the dark, with you...I have no name." Diana Galbadon


"I thought the force of my wanting must wake ye, surely. And then ye did come. . ." He stopped, looking at me with eyes gone soft and dark. "Christ, Claire, ye were so beautiful, there on the stair, wi' your hair down and the shadow of your body with the light behind ye…." He shook his head slowly. "I did think I should die, if I didna have ye," he said softly. "Just then." Diana Galbadon


"Character, I think, is the single most important thing in fiction. You might read a book once for its interesting plot—but not twice." Diana Galbadon