Pages

Thursday

A Quote About Being Pessimistic


In the long run, the pessimist may be proved to be right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip.

Daniel L. Reardon

There is something to that quote! Last night we had some really severe storms blow through and my first thoughts were what if we lose power. We have a sump pump! If we lose power, it could be days before it comes back on, we sweat to death in 90 degree temps and the basement floods. Well last night I decided simply to not think about it until it happens. That is unheard of for me. I'm a classic worrier and I tend to jump to conclusions at the slightest threat!

Well, the storm passed through, we got inches and inches of rain and kept our power. We had a cool, air conditioned night and nothing went wrong. The pessimist wasn't right and I didn't waste hour and hours worrying for nothing.