Pages

Monday

Just pulled a book off my shelf about sleep

English: Classical music. Public domain. Old e...English: Classical music. Public domain. Old edition. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

*I have been collecting books for what seems like forever so it's not surprising that I will notice a book that I can't remember every buying. That's the book I want to tell you about today. It's called, The Well-Rested Woman. On the cover it shows a woman with her eyes closed and she seems like all is well in her world.  On the bottom of the book is written... 60 Soothing Suggestions for Getting a Good Night's Sleep.  I was just looking at the index and a few things popped out at me. One of the suggestions was listening to lullabies before you retire.

ctually my daughter goes to sleep listening to classical music every night. I tried this a couple of times, but who ever was in charge of picking the music really was off on  those particular nights. I was just drifting off to sleep when the music picked up and I literally jumped an inch or so off the mattress. So much for that! But the lullabies might be worth considering. I'm sure that there are cds that would do quite nicely. I honestly can't remember the last night I woke up feeling as if I had slept a restful 8 hours! Can you??