Pages

Friday

Quotes about when everything goes wrong

TUCSON, AZ - JANUARY 22:  Actors take part in ...TUCSON, AZ - JANUARY 22: Actors take part in a re-enactment during the Dillinger Days event January 22, 2011 in Tucson, Arizona. The yearly event, which includes a re-enactment, tours and costumed attendees at the Congress Hotel, marks the date of capture of notorious bank robber John Dillinger in Tucson. (Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)

One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.
John Burroughs

My daughter actually helps me with this one. When things go wrong, I have a tendency to fly off the handle. It's amazing that I managed to pass this trait onto her so that she can hand it back to me.

All of us should treasure his (John Dillinger) Oriental wisdom and his preaching of a Zen-like detachment, as exemplified by his constant reminder to clerks, tellers, or others who grew excited by his presence in their banks: "Just lie down on the floor and keep calm."”
 Robert Anton Wilson 

The customer doesn't expect everything will go right all the time; the big test is what you do when things go wrong. 


Sir Colin Marshall





It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Douglas Adams  (Another one that has me wondering?? lol