Pages

Saturday

Quotes from White Christmas

Cropped screenshot of Rosemary Clooney and Bin...Cropped screenshot of Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby from the trailer for the film White Christmas (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Oddly enough, I never saw this movie until I was an adult which is strange seeing that I grew up in a house where Christmas began in September. There was not a Christmas variety show that I didn't see, thanks to the one TV in the house and mom ruling the roost when dad worked nights. But, somehow we missed this movie. Now I have my own copy and it's a yearly tradition. Here are some quotes that brings the movie back to me in seconds flat. :)

Miss Haynes, if you're ever under a falling building and someone offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don't think, don't pause, don't hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye. Bob Wallace

Oh, that's very funny. Ho, ho, ho. The crooner is now becoming the comic. Phil Davis

It's cozier, isn't it? Boy, girl, boy, girl? Phil Davis

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. Just like the ones I used to know. Where the treetops glisten and children listen. To hear sleigh bells in the snow. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. With every Christmas card I write. May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be white. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. With every Christmas card I write. May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be white. Bing Crosby

"Miss Haynes, if you're ever under a falling building and someone offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don't think, don't pause, don't hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye."
Bob Wallace