Pages

Monday

Grandmothers Have the Best Sayings...

GrandparentsGrandparents (Photo credit: rubberpaw)


“My old grandmother always used to say, Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.”
George R.R. Martin

This sounds kind of like something my grandmother would say. She took her time picking her friends and heaven help them if they ever crossed one of her family. Nanny was exactly what grandmothers should be... a great cook and someone who would give the best hugs, her house was always full of music and laughter, but look out if someone got on the wrong side of her. Luckily I was family, but I have seen the other side lol... and lets just say that I wouldn't ever want to face her if I wasn't her granddaughter!!

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."
Albert Einstein

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances  will know you in a million years.
Richard Bach