Pages

Monday

Give a little bit of yourself

BookmarksBookmarks (Photo credit: bibicall)

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
Kahil Gibran

I'm really past the time when I want presents for my birthday. I would rather receive something that I can tell came from the heart. Well, I guess that could be a little selfish of me, but I have to admit that one year my daughter gave me a year of homemade bookmarks... one each month. I still have them in my bottom drawer and I get them out every once in a while to look at them. Each one of them brings a smile to my face. One in particular is so cute. She cut a shovel out of construction paper and then glued cotton balls onto it. Accompany it, came a "letter" from the "company" saying that the art department had so much fun creating the bookmark and that if I ever needed a cotton ball to remove my makeup, I would always know where to go.

I don't know where she gets her creativity, but each handmade bookmark arrived once a month, slipped under my door with a letter from the company.  Every single one of them made me laugh.