Pages

Tuesday

It seems... I'm getting older!


I've always traveled with a picture of my daughter from 1989, her kindergarten school picture, that has 'I love you, Daddy' written on it. She's always made fun of me because I never changed that picture out. It's like my resistance to her getting older. It was the first thing she'd ever written to me and it means the world to me. Kiefer Sutherland

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. Mark Twain

That's me: an old kazoo with some sparklers. Bette Davis

My body might be getting older (all those aches and pains) but my brain isn't keeping up. I would love to go back to when I was about ten years old. No worries, nothing to do but get up and go outside and play... at least in the summer.  (me )

I'm eighty-three and homeless. It was the same when World War II ended. The Army kept me on because I could type, so I was typing other people's discharges and stuff. And my feeling was "Please, I've done everything I was supposed to do. Can I go home now?" That what I feel right now. I've written books. Lots of them. Please, I've done everything I'm supposed to do. Can I go home now? I've wondered where home is. It's when I was in Indianapolis when I was nine years old. Had a dog, a cat, a brother, a sister.
KURT VONNEGUT, JR.,