Pages

Wednesday

Time to Chill


 * Learn to be happy on your own. From the time my daughter was a little girl, she was quite happy to spend time in her room all by herself. I have a hard time with this one. I like having people around me. I'm definitely not a loner.

* Listen to an audio tape for 15 minutes at a time. Give yourself that 15 minutes and chances are you will extend that time, especially if you are listening to a novel and it gets to a good part.

* Download podcasts and use them when you go for a walk. It's amazing how much you can learn if you go for a daily walk. I have even practiced languages this way. Come to think of it, I don't think there is a topic you won't find on a podcast.

* Take a nap... my dad did this every afternoon for as long as I can remember. This is another one that I find hard to do. It's light outside! I guess it takes me back to those afternoon naps as a kid. Hated them! But guess what I have started to do every afternoon... you guessed it. I crawl into bed for a nap!

*It's very important that we re-learn the art of resting and relaxing. Not only does it help prevent the onset of many illnesses that develop through chronic tension and worrying; it allows us to clear our minds, focus, and find creative solutions to problems.

Thich Nhat Hanh


* Read your favorite blog each morning! This is another easy one to follow. Like podcasts, I don't think that there is a topic in the universe that someone isn't blogging about!