Pages

Sunday

This Afternoon's Quotes About Lilacs


I opened the large central window of my office room
to its full on the fine early May morning.
Then I stood for a few moments, breathing in the soft,
warm air that was charged with the scent of white lilacs below.
Angus Wilson

April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain.
T. S. Eliot

. "A black cat among roses,phlox, lilac-misted under a quarter moon,the sweet smells of heliotrope and night-scented stock. The garden is very still.It is dazed with moonlight,contented with perfume..."
Amy Lowell


When you're on top and you lead the parade,
everyone's there throwing lilies and lilac water on your head.
But when those parades have gone by and there's a storm in your heart,
there are very few people that are going to sit there
and listen to you bemoan life.
Sylvester Stallone


nbsp;There is mystery here, but a soft, sure mystery that is understood and only remains a mystery because I want it so. The mystery of the nighthawk against a darkening sky , the puzzle of the firefly along the lilac hedge.
 Clifford D. Simak

Yes, I heard my people singing!--in the glow of parlor coal-stove and on summer porches sweet with lilac air, from choir loft and Sunday morning pews--and my soul was filled with their harmonies.
Paul Robeson

It's funny how the scent of lilacs takes you back to the first time you ever smelled one. Suddenly you are 8 years old again!

Fear is a slinking cat I find beneath the lilacs of my mind.
Sophie Tunnell