Pages

Friday

Once Upon a Time...

“Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were--Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter. ”
 Beatrix Potter

Wouldn't life be nice if this is what our world was all about!!

"What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood!

"There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they will take you."
Beatrix Potter

"Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality."
Beatrix Potter

The Art of Beatrix Potter: Sketches, Paintings, and Illustrations

"Peter was not very well during the evening. His mother put him to bed and made some chamomile tea: One tablespoon-full to be taken at bedtime."
Beatrix Potter

"Thank God I have the seeing eye, that is to say, as I lie in bed I can walk step by step on the fells and rough land seeing every stone and flower and patch of bog and cotton pass where my old legs will never take me again."
Beatrix Potter