Pages

Tuesday

This Thanksgiving... Try A Little Thankfulness

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
John F. Kennedy

It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for. He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire. Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient. But a thankful heart hath a continual feast."
W.J. Cameron

A nice reminder for those who feel this way!

Sometimes you have to stop dwelling on the ones who have done you wrong and start being thankful for the ones who do you right!
Nishan Panmar

 Thank you consists of just eight letters that form two of the most meaningful words in the English vocabulary...
 Deborah Norville


If we said them throughout the year as often as we say them this week... the world would be a better place.

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
William Arthur Ward
When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.
Gilbert K. Chesterton
I may not be where I want to be but I'm thankful for not being where I use to be.
Unknown

I know a woman who many years ago stopped holding thanksgiving dinner at her home because she was told that her daughter had cancer. Sad when you think that she had three healthy boys.  The decision affected her entire life!
(Me)

  Today's quote about Thanksgiving... actually we have two of them ;)  We celebrate the first with our Canadian family and then they come to us for an American Thanksgiving. I don't think that it gets any better than that.

He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.
J.A. Shedd

There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American. O. Henry
*no idea what saleratus biscuits are and no it isn't lol!

Every person has to love at least one bad partner in their lives to be thankful for the right one.
Unknown

Even if you are alone for Thanksgiving... just think... you can eat anything that you want!
Unknown 

Words are mere bubbles of water, but deeds are drops of gold... Chinese Proverb

Yesterday, I was standing in line in the supermarket with a buggy full of groceries. A woman walked up behind me, carrying a heavy bag of flour and a few other items. I instantly told her that she could go ahead of me in the line. It was no big deal and I could only hope that someone would someday do the same for me.

She thanked me and moved in front of me. This is where it gets interesting. Another checkout opened up and she spotted it and instantly left the line. If it had of been me, I would have at least turned to say thank you to the woman who had let me in line. It would only seem right to smile and say thanks... wouldn't it?? Apparently the woman that I had let in didn't think so and just rushed to the open check out.

I just stared at her?? Nothing?? Which brings me to the point about those deeds being drops of gold. If you really want them to be drops of gold, don't expect anything in return for your deeds. Just do the deed because it's the right thing to do and leave it at that. You really have no idea what is going through the mind of the other person. Maybe her arm was ready to fall off (although I did say that she could put the bag of flour in my buggy until she got to the front of the line). Anyway, I did something nice and that should be enough.

Don't expect everyone to behave exactly the same way that you would have in the same circumstance... because everyone had different thoughts going on... and you have no idea what someone might be going through!

Just be nice because it's the right thing to do. Don't expect ANYTHING in return

"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say 'thank you?' William A. Ward"


86,400 seconds... wow! Never thought of it that way, so I'm saying thank you now! I have so much to be grateful for and I take it for granted way too often!

He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.
J.A. Shedd