Pages

Wednesday

Another Gardening Quote Before The Heavens Open!

Made a quick trip out to the garden shed to see how much rain was in the rain barrel. It was half full so I quickly filled all of our milk jugs and put them beside the barrel. We had a very dry summer last year so I want to save every drop I can.  Now I wish I sad saved more milk jugs!!

In 30 minutes it's supposed to rain... the forecasters are always wrong, but hey... you never know. The power flickered for a minute... just long enough for me to have to reset the clocks... which I hate doing. They are all different and some of them are a little more technical than I would like. Have to be honest... don't have a technical area anywhere in my brain but hey, I did manage to reset them.

*Still waiting to see if the people coming to view our house is still coming or not.  The last time it rained, they cancelled at the last minute. Can't blame them... it was a nasty day!

Anyway......... :)

 "The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden in to feed not just the body, but the soul."
Alfred Austin

 Okay, other than the hands is the dirt, I'm good with this quote. As for the head in the sun... I do wear a sunhat and lots of sunscreen!

Things to be curious about today...
*who came up with the idea of milk jugs??