Pages

Friday

Sick As a Cat

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
  Robert A. Heinlein

“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.”
Christopher Hitchens

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
Edgar Allan Poe

Cats are known for hiding any sign of illness, so when they appear to be sick it usually means that their ailment might be quite advanced. So this phrase suggests that the person is very sick.

"No matter how much cats fight, there always seems to be plenty of kittens."
Abraham Lincoln

I never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late at night.
Marie Corelli


As I'm not a cat person, I was not aware of this one, but I do have a friend who treats her cats just like her babies... loving each one of them dearly. I will have to ask her about this one!!

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

Everything I know I learned from my cat: When you're hungry, eat. When you're tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet's, pee on your owner.
Gary Smith







I hope that I have given you something to think about today! Thanks so much for stopping by :)