Pages

Friday

Warm Thoughts To Soothe You When Life Gets Scary




Words seem to play a huge part in our lives. We see a quote that we like and we instantly snip it out of the magazine and save it so that we can read it again. Some are inspirational, some of them make us laugh, some remind of us of ourselves. Whatever the reason, we are drawn to words that have been linked together. We can learn so much from them. In fact, a quote can change our lives or our way of thinking for at least a short amount of time. I have chosen some of my favorite quotes that I want to share.

1. Blessed is she whom children love;  for the love of a child is more to be valued than fortune or fame. Unknown

2.When one door of happiness closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we don not see the one which has opened for us. Helen Keller

3. I'm looking so frantically for my big bliss moments that I'm missing the tiny ones that pop up every hour or so. (I'm missing everyone so much that I'm sitting in a misery rut and I'm missing the tiny moments that I should be grateful for.

4.What can I do today to create a little bliss moment for myself? It never occurred to me to actually make something happen rather than simply wait for one to occur. I like the idea of making it happen more. :)

5. I'm thinking about contacting some particular friends on FB and suggesting that we exchange Christmas cards. My list (as family members pass on) is getting smaller and smaller as the years pass. How great would it be to find lots of Christmas cards in the mail from all over the world each morning!

6. There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar;
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
Lord Byron