Pages

Tuesday

5 Ways to Stop Being Negative

Happy Faced Flyer1. You have probably heard the saying... live in the moment. Well, sometimes it is easier said that done. There are time's when I can't shut off my brain... but losing myself in a book can do it. Choose a story that you can lose yourself in and live in someone else's world for a half hour or so!

2. Tell yourself that you are going to have a good day and then say it again. It's funny how just telling yourself something is going to happen, can bring it about. On the other hand, by telling yourself that something bad might happen sure makes for a miserable day!

3. Believe that good things can happen to you. Have you ever wondered why some people seem so blessed when it comes to having good things literally drop into their laps??

4. Get out there and exercise. I'm bad when it comes to exercising. It bores me to tears. But walking seems to work for me... even if it is just around the house. I started out with several five minute walks throughout the day and when that became easy, I added a couple more minutes. Today was my first day of ten minute walks. I've done three of them so far and it's only mid afternoon.

5. Try something new. Most people who tend to lean toward all things negative seldom believe that they can actually be good at something. Start small and you might surprise yourself.

Image by Cvalentine via Flickr



No comments: