Pages

Monday

It's Lumpy Rug Day


Every day deserves a holiday right?? and if there isn't one, who says that you can't make up one. Apparently no one person is in charge of naming special holidays, so somebody decided that today would be from this day forth it would be Lumpy Rug Day!

Now as I sit there, I really can't come up with a way to celebrate this day so I guess I'm going to have to get a little creative. Here's what I have come up with.

*I really don't like vacuuming so this is the first thing that caught my eye! It's a vaccuming robot which might be a good thing if you don't have a flight of stairs to entice it. I hear that vacuums are quite curious ;)

Rug Superstitions
Could only find one rug superstition and it has more to do with shaking the rug than smoothing it out. You should never shake a rug on the first day of the month. Any other day is okay, but not on the first apparently. I couldn't find out why that is such a bad thing to do, but it was enough to ensure that I will never do it again!!

A Little Rug Trivia

*A skilled rug weaver in India can tie 6000 knots a day!

*My first rug was a braided rug to sit on at Brownies when I was about 8?? We were instructed to collect nylon stockings from our Moms and then we braided them together into a long strip. The strip was then curled into a circle and then sewn! Funny the things you remember!

Rug Quotes??

Cover of "Little Lulu Volume 2: Sunday Af..."I loved the Little Lulu stories, where she would fantasize that her bedroom rug would turn into a pool of water, and she could dive down into the center of the world."
Lynn Johnston (I remember Little Lulu... don't remember the bedroom rug though!!





And in case you hate vacuuming too... 






*iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, Black and Silver








Source

No comments: