Pages

Sunday

I Was Too Busy Complaining!

My most annoying habit is complaining about my aches and pains. It's the new ones that I haven't identified yet that make me nervous. According to my wife, I complain way too much. I may be a borderline hypochondriac, or you could say I am fascinated by the body - at least by mine.
Ted Danson

The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation.
Oscar Wilde

If life gives you a bowl of lemons, go find an annoying guy with paper cuts.
Unknown

The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
Harold Coffin



The creatures that inhabit this earth... be they human beings or animals... are here to contribute, each in its own particular way to the beauty and prosperity of the world.  Dalai Lama

For more info...

It's funny how a particular quote will appear to you and give you something to ponder. Yesterday I was in one of my moods. I didn't like my bedroom and I wanted to instantly go out and buy new furniture. I hated the fact that I had to make due with mismatched pieces. Today, I don't feel that way at all. I should be grateful for what I have. There are people in this world who have a lot less than I do. I had a great breakfast this morning. I'm warm, I have a roof over my head and I can't think of anything that I have done to contribute to this world. I was too busy complaining!

Jan 2017
Okay, I'm complaining again today, but it's because I hurt a part of my body that I didn't even know that I owned... okay, it is a muscle that I didn't know I have or had... until I hit my sixties.  If I can find a way to give it back... I would gladly do so!