Pages

Saturday

Irish Quotes

Seeing that today is St. Patrick's Day, I thought that I would share some interesting quotes. Must dig a little deeper into my family tree to see how many of the family were actually from Ireland. My grandpa always said that we were, but I haven't found a link back to that country yet. Will keep looking. It might account for how superstitious I am!

A misty winter brings a pleasant spring, a pleasant winter a misty spring.
Irish proverb

May you be afflicted with the itch and have no nails to scratch with!
Irish Curse (now that's cruel lol)

St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time ... a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic.
Adrienne Cook

Ireland is where strange tales begin
and happy endings are possible.
Charles Haughey ( I like the part about the strange tales ;)

May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies and quick to make friends. And may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.
An Irish Wedding Toast

I believe in the sun when it's not shining, I believe in love even when I feel it not, I believe in God even when he is silent.
Irish Sayings