Pages

Wednesday

Cooking Quotes... What does your kitchen look like?

With everyone cooking or at least thinking about cooking for the big day, I thought that I would look up a few cooking quotes. Me, I married a man who loves to cook and hates what I cook. Guess who won lol...

"I have no regrets at all. None. I consider myself to be the luckiest old broad on two feet."
Betty White

I have a two-story house and a bad memory, so I'm up and down those stairs all the time. That's my exercise.
Betty White

I go out to the kitchen to feed the dog, but that's about as much cooking as I do.
Betty White

and a few more :)

“An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it makes a better soup.”
 Bertrand Russell

I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
  W.C. Fields



Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
Harriet Van Horne

“Cooking is at once child's play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love.”
 Craig Claiborne

I came home every Friday afternoon, riding the six miles on the back of a big mule. I spent Saturday and Sunday washing and ironing and cooking for the children and went back to my country school on Sunday afternoon.
Ida B. Wells

No matter how much creativity goes into it, cooking is an art. Or perhaps I should say a craft. It abides by absolute rules, physics, chemistry, etc. and that means that unless you understand the science you cannot reach the art. We're not talking about painting here. Cooking's more like engineering. I happen to think that there is great beauty in great engineering.
Alton Brown