Pages

Wednesday

Celebrity Quotes about Getting Older

 It seems that none of us can get of getting older, but it certainly doesn't hurt when your mom tells you that you certainly don't look it! My mom would never lie!! ;)


The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been.
Madeleine L'Engle

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. Mark Twain

That's me: an old kazoo with some sparklers. Bette Davis

My body might be getting older (all those aches and pains) but my brain isn't keeping up. I would love to go back to when I was about ten years old. No worries, nothing to do but get up and go outside and play... at least in the summer.

I'm eighty-three and homeless. It was the same when World War II ended. The Army kept me on because I could type, so I was typing other people's discharges and stuff. And my feeling was "Please, I've done everything I was supposed to do. Can I go home now?" That what I feel right now. I've written books. Lots of them. Please, I've done everything I'm supposed to do. Can I go home now? I've wondered where home is. It's when I was in Indianapolis when I was nine years old. Had a dog, a cat, a brother, a sister.
KURT VONNEGUT, JR.,

Do not regret growing older.  It is a privilege denied to many.
 Author Unknown