Pages

Tuesday

A Quote About Getting Nervous

"A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake
twice without getting nervous.
Alexander Hamilton

Oddly enough, I think that this is the first quote that I have come across that is about being nervous! I have this thing about talking on the phone to someone I don't know. It makes me sweat... I get so nervous.  I'm so afraid that I won't be able to answer a question that they might ask me.  But I'm getting better. I tell myself that the person on the other end of the phone has a job because of me. I will do my best to answer their questions, but if I can't... I will call back. No big deal!!

"I don't get nervous in any situation. There's no such thing as nerves when you're playing games.
Shaquille O'Neal


"No one could make a choice without feeling afraid.
Unknown


"I think it's healthy for a person to be nervous. It means you care - that you work hard and want to give a great performance. You just have to channel that nervous energy into the show.
Beyonce Knowles

“Pray don't talk to me about the weather, Mr. Worthing. Whenever people talk to me about the weather, I always feel quite certain that they mean something else. And that makes me quite nervous.”
Oscar Wilde

“Like this book, the dictionary shows you that the word "nervous" means "worried about something" -- you might feel nervous, for instance, if you were served prune ice cream for dessert, because you would be worried that it would taste awful -- whereas the word "anxious" means "troubled by disturbing suspense," which you might feel if you were served a live alligator for dessert, because you would be troubled by the disturbing suspense about whether you would eat your dessert or it would eat you.”
Lemony Snicket, The Ersatz Elevator

"Don't waste your energy on fear or nerves, YOU could miss something spectacular.
Unknown