Pages

Wednesday

The Thoughts of a Four Year Old!

"Who knows the thoughts of a child?"
Norma Perry

I have a funny story to go with this lol. While spending spring break with my 4 year granddaughter, I called her over to the computer after receiving an email from my daughter... her aunt. My daughter loves orangutans  and found the cutest photo of a baby in all of his orange fuzzy beauty lol. I promptly called my granddaughter to come over and see her Aunt B's new baby... her new cousin.  Her face lit up and she rushed over to take a look, stopped in surprise and then stared for several moments, trying to digest that this new little being was her new cousin. I wonder if she thought about what kinds of games that they could play together?? Or perhaps she was wondering why her dad and I were laughing so hard at her silence??

If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in.
Rachel Carso