Pages

Thursday

What I'm Thinking About This Morning... Forgiving Myself

Forgive yourself of things that you can't let go of. I still have horrible feelings of how I could have taken better care of my horse when I was a teenager. I did only what I had to do and left the rest up to my dad. Oh, how I wish I could go back and spend some time with King... rubbing him lovingly and giving him an apple. I don't even remember talking to him. It might be the hardest thing you ever do... forgiving yourself.

Think about it this way if it helps even a little. Did your own kids have a pet that they swore that they would take care of, only to lose interest and suddenly the pet became your responsibility??  You forgave them years ago right? They were just kids who didn't know any better. I'm sure dad would say the same thing about me.   But IT'S HARD TO FORGIVE YOURSELF