Pages

Wednesday

Quotes about the Morning Garden


"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
Emma Goldman


Your first job is to prepare the soil. The best tool for this is your neighbor's garden tiller. If your neighbor does not own a garden tiller, suggest that he buy one.
Dave Barry

I actually have been sleeping with the window open. There is nothing quite as wonderful as waking to hear the birds chirping under your window!!


A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.
James Russell Lowell (that's exactly how I feel about dandelions. From the time I was a little girl, a lawn full of dandelions meant that summer wasn't very far away. I love them to this day.)

Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another. Bees are already at work.
William Longgood


*When was the last time you wandered through a garden first thing in the morning? It's almost magical with the scents, and the flowers waking up from a warm night of slumber! William Longgood couldn't have said it better!!

Photo Credit

**More Thoughts for an Early Morning

No comments: