Pages

Sunday

Today's Quote about a Shadows

I don't know what made me think about shadows this morning, but something put the thought in my head so that's what I went looking for and as you can see, many people have written on the topic! Going to spend a little time outdoors today looking at shadows... and their colors!!

Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby."
Ruth E. Renkel

“May your joys be as bright as the morning, and your sorrows merely be shadows that fade in the sunlight of love. May you have enough happiness to keep you sweet, enough trials to keep you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to keep you smiling”
Irish Blessing

I look out the window sometimes to seek the color of the shadows and the different greens in the trees, but when I get ready to paint I just close my eyes and imagine a scene.
Grandma Moses

Like Hezekiah's, backward runs The shadow of my days.
Lord Alfred Tennyson

A human being is only breath and shadow.
Sophocles

Shadows are in reality, when the sun is shining, the most conspicuous thing in a landscape, next to the highest lights.
John Ruskin

No comments: