Pages

Wednesday

Quotes about Lent

I was thinking this morning about what I could change about myself this Lent... and I think that I have found it. I'm going to be more forgiving. I have a hard time getting over my thoughts of betrayal when someone hurts my feelings. I can forgive but I'm not very good with the forgetting part. I'm going to work on that!

To change and to change for the better are two different things. German proverb.

There is no justification without sanctification, no forgiveness without renewal of life, no real faith from which the fruits of new obedience do not grow. Martin Luther

In the pursuit of happiness half the world is on the wrong scent. They think it consists in having and getting, and in being served by others. Happiness is really found in giving and in serving others. Unknown

I think you'd be proud of me! So far today I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, lusted, lost my temper, haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent. Praise Your Name! I'm grateful for Your grace...
But Lord, a few minutes from now, I'm getting out of bed... From then on I'm going to need a lot MORE of Your help.... Unknown

Humanity is never so beautiful as when praying for forgiveness, or else forgiving another. Jean PF Richter