Pages

Wednesday

Quotes about Mardi Gras

I live too far away to actually participate in a Mardi Gras, but who knows... maybe someday.

It has been said that a Scotchman has not seen the world until he has seen Edinburgh; and I think that I may say that an American has not seen the United States until he has seen Mardi-Gras in New Orleans. Mark Twain

"New Orleans is my essence, my soul, my muse, and I can only dream that one day she will recapture her glory. I will do everything within my power to make that happen and to help in any way I can to ease the suffering of my city, my people!" Harry Connick, Jr

“Even if they had it in the streets, I wouldn't go. [On Mardi Gras]” Samuel Goldwyn

Take me to the Mardi Gras. Paul Simon

If no tourists came, we'd still have Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras is a state of mind. Ed Muniz

It's Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Everybody has Mardi Gras fever. I was watching the 'Today' show earlier today and Tom Cruise was lecturing Matt Lauer about jambalaya. David Letterman