Pages

Friday

I know that it is afternoon... but

English: New Street, Birmingham One of the mai...English: New Street, Birmingham One of the main shopping thoroughfares of the city on a Friday afternoon in November. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
The problem with winning the rat race is you're still a rat.
Lily Tomlin

That's kind of how I'm feeling today.  I want to slow down and stop trying to compete with everyone else, but I'm having a hard time doing it.  It all goes back to a job that I had about ten years ago. The company was all about winning... all the time and this was a weekly thing.  A lot of my friends have retired (a little early I might say) but I just can't bring myself to slow down. I think that just might have to go onto my to-do list for next year. SLOW DOWN. I need a day just like this... just an afternoon of shopping because I just feel like it.