Pages

Friday

A Quote About Hobbies and Hobbiests

I love crafting. Knitting, decoupage, scrapbooking, any "lady-ish" art form, I'm a fan. For about six months each. Then I shove all the supplies in a closet, alongside the skeletons of long dead New Year's resolutions, like saber fencing, playing the ukulele, and Japanese brush painting.”
Felicia Day, You're Never Weird on the Internet

Lol... this sounds sooo familar! Come winter, I'm going to start it all over again!

Sewing is an obsession, an occupation, a disease, an addictions, a fascination, an absurdity, a fate. It is not a hobby!
Someone quoting someone else lol (I'm sure that's hat Jeanette Winterson meant to say.)

A hobby a day keeps the doldrums away.
Phyllis McGinley

My hobbies include trying to close the elevator door before someone else can get on.
lol... now there is a hobby that never occurred to me. No idea who came up with it but I like their sense of humor.

 “It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith... the saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last.”
Nicholas Sparks

“Saving the world is only a hobby. Most of the time I do nothing.”
Edward Abbey

My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence.
Edith Sitwell

Sometimes I wonder if one can have too many hobbies? It is so easy to get carried away! Maybe not from what I have been reading. I guess that it all comes down to what makes you happy!
Me

Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. This is also true of religion, although you will not find me saying so in print.
Dave Barry

“When your hobbies get in the way of your work - that's OK; but when your hobbies get in the way of themselves... well...”
 Steve Martin                    

“Making money is a hobby that will complement any other hobbies you have, beautifully.”
 Scott Alexander