Pages

Saturday

An Old Autumn Quote or Two

"I saw old Autumn in the misty morn
Stand, shadowless like Silence, listening
To Silence."
 Thomas Hood


I swear that Thomas Hood must have lived in Manitoba because that is exactly what mornings are like here.  Absolutely beautiful. Granted, I have only lived here a couple of months... ;)

“Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him.”
 Hal Borland

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
George Eliot


The trees  are just about to show us just how lovely it is to let the dead things go!
unknown

All those golden autumn days the sky was full of wings. Wings beating low over the blue water of Silver Lake, wings beating high in the blue air far above it . . . bearing them all away to the green fields in the South.
Laura Ingalls Wilder