Pages

Thursday

Fish Ladder?? More Curiosities for an August Afternoon! A Fish Ladder??

Being curious is good for you. How do I know?

It all began when I began to search for help for my anxiety issues. Nothing seemed to work, even when working with professionals. It wasn't until I found I found a program that kept us busy which little quests to accomplish throughout the day. One way was to be curious. Apparently, if you were curious about something, you were too busy to be anxious. Okay, I had tried everything else... what did I have to lose?

My first curiosity was to go in search for information on fairies. They had always interested me from the time I was a child. I joined the Brownies and my Brownie pack was called "The Fairies". I was hooked.   I just had to start my day looking for something new about fairies! And that was just the start of my love of curiosities! Now I look up all kinds of things!! 
 

 

Here's what I have for you today

1.   Have you ever wondered if a hurricane was ever named after you? Couldn't resist and sure enough in 1957 there was a hurricane bearing my name!

2. What is a fish ladder??

3. Is Pluto a planet or not??

4. Did you know that in the summer, the heat makes the Eiffel Tower grow. I'm not making this up!!

5. We all have heard of Black Holes... well, have you ever heard of a Blue Hole??