Pages

Friday

Quotes About Birds


 Nest:  a place of retreat, rest or lodging
Unknown

“If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.”
 Emily Dickinson

Birds of the Backyard: Winter in to Spring

It is good to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
James Douglas

"You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world,
but when you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird...
So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing - that's what counts.
I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something."
Richard P. Feynman


There are times in a day when I love just being by myself. It's usually early in the morning when I can just look out at my garden with a hot cup of tea and just wonder at the peacefulness of what is all around me.  There is something so comforting about that time of day!

And it's time to look for a new location for one more bird feeder!!

No comments: