Pages

Wednesday

Thoughts and Quotes About Rainy Mornings, Oatmeal Muffins and Dads

It's another rainy morning. Actually, the rain began somewhere around four in the morning I think and it hasn't let up and it's nearly ten a.m. ! The rain is supposed to continue all day today and into tomorrow as well. I'm not sure how that makes me feel. Part of me thinks of rainy days as depressing, but then already I have accomplished so much. I have a muffin mix already to add the liquid ingredients and bake... and I also have a baking powder biscuit mix measured out. Yes, I do everything in two stages.

The longest part is the prep so I like to get that out of the way. On any given day I have at least four different muffin mixes dated and prepared and waiting in the baking cupboard to go whenever someone fancies muffins. With our schedule... we have to have them ready to go. Today it's oatmeal muffins and I might have to add an egg and a little milk. Gee, I hope that I have an egg. Must check so I can email G (dh) to tell him to bring me some home if need be.

Save a boyfriend for a rainy day - and another, in case it doesn't rain.
Mae West (love this one lol)

My father, he was like the rock, the guy you went to with every problem.
Gwyneth Paltrow

The father is always a Republican toward his son, and his mother’s always a Democrat.
Robert Frost

When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that's happened that day just melts away.
Hugh Jackman

There are three stages of a man’s life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.
Author Unknown

“I've made my peace. He will always be part of me. I don't need to watch him die. I am just glad I was able to watch him live.”
Ralph Webster, A Smile in One Eye: a Tear in the Other

“Tiny little bloke, my dad was. By the time I was six I could lift him up an' put him on top o' the dresser if he annoyed me. Used ter make him laugh...”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Father! — to God himself we cannot give a holier name.
William Wordsworth

I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.
Hedy Lamarr

My daddy, he was somewhere between God and John Wayne.
Hank Williams, Jr.



Anyway, that's my ramblings for a rainy morning. Hope you have a good one. And in closing I will leave you a quote to enjoy ;)


"I like to fish this lake during sustained dry periods. When it gets rainy, the lake turns into chocolate. "
Jeff Rowland

I think that I like this one and every time it rains, I will think of all those lakes that turn into chocolate! Love it lol!! Now the fishing part... not much of a fisherman here, but I do remember collecting worms with my dad so that we could go fishing. When you are six, you don't realize that worms are disgusting lol... that came later. When you are six and you are doing things with your dad... it's just plain fun!