Pages

Monday

Quotes About Being Unhappy With Yourself

Feeling like this is a lot more common than you might think. It comes in different degrees, but most people aren't happy about something about themselves. I was even reading about a child who was unhappy about being a boy. The child was convinced that he had been born in the wrong body. That makes most of our little concerns not quite so serious when you think about what that child has to go through. Anyway, I went to see what I could find on the topic and found these. It helped me and I hope that it will help you feel better about yourself too.

Nobody bores any man as much as an unhappy female. Moss Hart

It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about. Dale Carnegie

None think the great unhappy, but the great. Edward Young

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. Groucho Marx

Not being able to work would make me very unhappy. Ian Hart

Not necessity, not desire - no, the love of power is the demon of men. Let them have everything - health, food, a place to live, entertainment - they are and remain unhappy and low-spirited: for the demon waits and waits and will be satisfied. Friedrich Nietzsche

All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.” Wayne Dyer

Nothing the desert produces expresses it better than the unhappy growth of the tree yuccas.
Mary Austin

When unhappy, one doubts everything; when happy, one doubts nothing.” Joseph Roux

People think it's a terrible tragedy when somebody has Alzheimer's. But in my mother's case, it's different. My mother has been unhappy all her life. For the first time in her life, she's happy.
Amy Tan