Pages

Tuesday

Quotes about Me

I'm sitting here thinking about what I could possibly say about myself that would be a little bit interesting. At the moment, nothing is coming to mind. I'm sick with a cold and when I'm sick, I think that my brain stops working. If I had to pick one of the quotes below that is really talking to me right now, it would be the one by Robert Redford.
Lunch is coming up soon and I really don't feel like eating anything, especially if it is healthy. Now an Oreo cookie...

I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent. Marilyn Monroe

All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naïve. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself.
 Ralph Ellison

While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God's creation.
Maya Angelou

Be yourself is about the worst advice you can give some people.
 Tom Masson

First, I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm a person. Then maybe I'll convince myself that I'm an actress.
Marilyn Monroe

The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are.
 Jim Morrison

For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
Steve Jobs

Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better.” Robert Redford